[DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Call for a truce over mono vs pnet
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:07:28 +1000

> [Many, many, many messages deleted]

We could continue to go on as to which project is better
and why.  But that would be pointless - at the end of the
day it comes down to personal preference as to how these
kinds of systems should be implemented.  There is no
"best" way to build a compiler or a runtime engine.

Both projects have their strengths and weaknesses:
it's apples and oranges to try to identify which is "better".
In fact, the only fair thing to say is that they both as
bad as each other, just in different areas.

Pnet and mono have different approaches, that is all.
I ask that everyone drop this pointless debate.

At some point in the future, we must heal the rift
between the projects and find some way to co-operate
in a useful, mutually-beneficial, manner.  Sniping at
each other makes it harder to reach that point.