Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...

From: Paolo Molaro
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:22:25 +0100

On 03/15/02 Gopal.V wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Roland Ljungh wrote:
> > Since when? Mono is designed to be a developer environment for linux...
>       Exactly it does not tackle any of the privacy/security/freedom concerns
> of .NET .

GCC does not tackle any of the privacy/security/freedom concerns
of .NET . Wow, gcc must be evil, then....

> > Yeah, right! Come on now, why would a compiler and a jit and a classlibrary
> > not work without ms software?
>       You bootstrapped off MS software -- so without MS providing CSC
> in the first place , you would be going *fast* nowhere writing a compiler
> in C#. So you see MS software does come up in the Mono picture.

Of course, the GCC you use was first bootstrapped on a GNU/Linux system
booted by a free-software BIOS on a computer with schematics provided
for all its circuits (oh, the CPU was designed with a free-sofware tool,
too). I wish that could be true, but desire doesn't change history.

lupus

address@hidden                                     debian/rules
address@hidden                             Monkeys do it better