Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:33:15 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> The only widget that is implemented right now is "Control", the base class
> for
> all other widgets.  I'll hopefully get some of the others, like "Button" and
> "CheckBox", in during the next day or three.  That should then demonstrate
> the basic concepts enough for others to jump on board and help implement the
> other controls.

I've hacked up this custom control using what's in cvs .... and it's just
a graphing control ... to demonstrate how to write custom and well --
real controls for pnetlib's winforms ... (was just bored to wait for your
instructions , rhys :-)

Are we going to implement the UI using drawing functions or are we going
to use a pixmap based themer ?. Because if it's the latter , we would be
better off using the Gtk's themes for work right now rather than draw the
UI by hand ?

I'm currently missing Graphics.Clear() and Control.Update() very much ..
With these we could have mouse roll-overs working right away ... (
just noticed that MouseLeave is triggered on Mouse clicks ... :)

And you do need CURRENT cvs to test this app (a bit of compiler fixing).
Or else wrap all `using` in do {} while(false); to solve the naming
problem.

I would really appreciate it if alias or absurd tests all this on OS X ?.

Gopal