Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:35:08 +1000

On Thursday 12 June 2003 04:03 pm, Gopal V wrote:

> Are we going to implement the UI using drawing functions or are we going
> to use a pixmap based themer ?. Because if it's the latter , we would be
> better off using the Gtk's themes for work right now rather than draw the
> UI by hand ?

I think that we'll have to draw things by hand.  The API seems to assume
Windows appearance and behaviour (big surprise! :-) ).  The only thing from
the "theme" that may be useful is the color information (e.g. "the default
background color is #XXXXXX").  I'm hoping to hook into XSETTINGS to get that
information.  For more complex theme information, let's get that in "DotGNU
Forms 2.0" once we understand the API better.

> I'm currently missing Graphics.Clear() and Control.Update() very much ..
> With these we could have mouse roll-overs working right away ... (
> just noticed that MouseLeave is triggered on Mouse clicks ... :)

Working on it.  A few more hours and I should be ready to write a HACKING file
for Forms.