Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]GUI, System.Drawing and custom widgets
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:40:54 +1000

On Thursday 12 June 2003 09:29 am, Simon Guindon wrote:

> The only issue I have (which I discussed with gopal) is how the widgets
> will look.  Obviously widgets won't look like whatever toolkit their
> desktop is using (KDE, Gnome, etc).  But this isn't something that needs
> to be addressed ASAP or anything, just something to keep in mind I
> think.

I'm learning more about WinForms hour by hour.  I'm currently implementing
"ButtonBase".  This uses the "ControlPaint" class to draw 3D borders and
what-not.  It is theoretically possible that we could add some simple theme
support to "ControlPaint" to match up the border styles, appearance of radio
buttons, etc.  After we get the basic stuff working of course.

> So anyways I decided to make an empty form project in VS.NET to see if
> what VS.NET generates works so far in X11-winforms since your sample is
> just a blank form and it works.  The VS.NET generated code works for the
> exception of one method call, I comment it out and it runs beautifully.

Fantatic!  I'll try to get the "Form" class filled out today so that
"AutoScaleBaseSize" is declared.  Could you send me the code for your test
application?