Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 07:08:26 +0100

> Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 6:43 AM
> From: "Richard Stallman" <rms@gnu.org>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: cpitclaudel@gmail.com, stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

>   > Accessibility Tools must function by default.
>
> We were talking about the toolbar, so I am surprised to see reference
> to "accessibility tools".  Can you make the connection relates?

>    > if they want to be considered as serious people.
>
> We don't make decisions based on how people might "consider" what
> we decide to do.  However, you might be thinking of some concrete
> advantage or disadvantage of deleting the toolbar.  That could be
> important -- would you please spell it out?

The toolbar can be made to be an accessibility tool for people experiencing pain
when performing keypresses.  If people can introduce a toolbar icon and
associate
a keybinding with it, they would be able to use that with KMouseTool to perform
the icon press for them.  And with a virtual keyboard, they can operate
KMouseTool
for typing.