Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 14:38:16 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> From my POV, adding a significant new port for a widely-used platform,
> without a commitment to keep that port working for the observable
> future, makes no sense whatsoever.

That's exactly what we're doing with all the ports to widely-used
proprietary systems: MS Windows, Mac OS, USG Unix, etc.  We don't commit
to keeping them working, only to keep them working to the extent that
their users do the same.

> It's a decision to commit our scarce resources when we know in advance
> that those resources will be wasted on code with no future.

The resources being committed are mine alone.  And how do we know that
the code has no future?