emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] Maintaining the same blog on two servers

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Maintaining the same blog on two servers
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:11:38 -0500

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 14:14 -0500, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> Ted Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Is there any way to configure/hack weblogger such that you could publish
> > the same post to two different servers? Has this ever been done or
> > discussed?
>
> It hasn't been done.  I don't think anyone (but me) has discussed it.
>
> But, now that you mention it, I think it is time to start working on it.

Great! That's a pretty awesome response to a new community member's
first question/feature request. :-)

> The change to enable this should be pretty simple.  Basically, create a
> function that you can call with a post and a list of weblogs to post it
> to.  It would then post to each of those weblogs.
>
> If you want (and you have the Emacs Lisp skill), you can go ahead and do
> that.  Otherwise, now that this has been bumped, I'll probably get it
> done soon.

I've never really hacked emacs lisp seriously, nor do I have much
expertise in other lisps, so I doubt I'd be able to do it. If you think
it would be simple for a beginner and were willing to hold my hand a
bit, I could give it a shot, though...

Thanks again! If all free software communities/developers were as
inviting as you, we'd be a lot farther along the World Domination
Roadmap :-)

- Ted