gnuherds-app-dev

[GNU Herds]: Nationality list translation

From: Davi Leal
Subject: [GNU Herds]: Nationality list translation
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 02:23:48 +0100

Hi all,

You can see attached a gettext PO file with the nationality list translated
from English to Spanish. I hope it is right.

If you want you can begin to translate such attached file to your native
language. In theory the translation team is:

  * English     Base language. All us should take care of it.
  * German      Klaus
  * Spanish     Davi
  * French      Jean-Michel
  * Italian     David, Antenore
  * Portuguese  Loreto, Marcel [1]
  * Russian     Nickolay

    [1] To avoid overload to Loreto, Marcel will try to replace the
        Spanish text with Portuguese.  Loreto could do a quick check
        later.
        Marcel, you could use http://www.poedit.net/ to make your
        work easier. Ask about anything if you need.

        What I have done to translate the list is look for the
        country name at wikipedia.org, and then look for the 'Demonym'
        or equivalent.  I have used an on-line Spanish dictionary too.

P.S.: Now, I am going to join the HTML/CSS team. My first task will be begin
to check and merge the Sameer's work with the current gnuherds.org webapp,
even if it has not the logo support yet.  Later I will update the rest of the
gettext PO files, with the new string suggestions exposed by Sameer, etc.

Davi