gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Translation team

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Translation team
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 15:06:43 +0100

Duarte Loreto wrote:
> I'm a bit confused now...

> I don't know who is Marcel but aside from that it seems to me you are
> mixing Portuguese (pt) with Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR). I translate
> Portuguese and, by the looks of Marcel's email address, he does it for
> pt_BR. Or will GNUHerds "portuguese" translation become a mix of both pt
> and pt_BR?

No, IMHO it should be Portuguese translation (pt).

> Or when Marcel provides the .po file my review should include
> converting where applicable pt_BR to pt?

I thought it could be good idea to accept the Marcel's offer about trying to
do a first translation of the nationality list, due to it is a boring task
but easy. Just to avoid overload you Loreto.

You choose Loreto!  You can just translate it now, and forget about Marcel, or
wait up to him translate it and then converting where applicable. What is
easier for you. Have you free time?

So the translation team could be:

  * (en) English     Base language. All us should take care of it.
  * (de) German      Klaus
  * (es) Spanish     Davi
  * (fr) French      Jean-Michel
  * (it) Italian     David, Antenore
  * (pt) Portuguese  Loreto
    (pt_BR)          Marcel [1]
  * (ru) Russian     Nickolay

      [1] Marcel could do the (pt_BR) convertion, if he wants.

I am not sure if such organization is OK. Comments, flames, etc. are not only
welcome but needed!

Davi