gnuherds-app-dev

Re: [GNU Herds]: Nationality list translation

From: Duarte Loreto
Subject: Re: [GNU Herds]: Nationality list translation
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 13:45:15 +0000

Hello

I'm a bit confused now...

On Dec 23, 2007 1:23 AM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:

If you want you can begin to translate such attached file to your native
language. In theory the translation team is:
 * Portuguese  Loreto, Marcel [1]

   [1] To avoid overload to Loreto, Marcel will try to replace the
       Spanish text with Portuguese.  Loreto could do a quick check
       later.

I don't know who is Marcel but aside from that it seems to me you are mixing Portuguese (pt) with Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR). I translate Portuguese and, by the looks of Marcel's email address, he does it for pt_BR. Or will GNUHerds "portuguese" translation become a mix of both pt and pt_BR? Or when Marcel provides the .po file my review should include converting where applicable pt_BR to pt?

Happy Christmas to those that celebrate it.
Duarte Loreto
--
http://perolasdagestao.blog.pt