Re: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:05:39 +0200

Hi Richard,

There are some issues with the webspace the iso is hosted at.
We are currently in the process of finding out what is wrong.

Please check the size of the iso.

"ll gnumed.iso". What date is the iso from ?
Do you get a knoppix boot-screen with or withou the gnumed logo?

This what the webserver distributes :

     gnumed.iso              14-Jan-2003 16:43   644M

Unfortunately this is the old and most likely broken iso.

This problem is due to a webserver I have no direct access to.
The quickest way to solve this would be to find some other place to host the
image.

What about hosting it on the gnumed server ? Is this an option ? It is a large
file and will be pulled at least 100 time during te next six months or so. So
there might be some traffic involved which usually costs money.

I will try to reach someone who can fix the webserver.

Sebastian