Re: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:18:25 +1000

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> What about hosting it on the gnumed server ? Is this an option ? It is a
> large file and will be pulled at least 100 time during te next six months
> or so. So there might be some traffic involved which usually costs money.

That would be some 60-70 GB traffic - a bit expensive. Will still do it if you
can't find an alternative. UNiversities are usually quite cooperative in
providing download space for reasonable projects.

If we host it on gnumed, I would urge to
1.) keep the ISO as small as possible
2.) use an uncompressed file system so that people can update their images via
rsync without need for repetitive downloads (applies for corrupted downloads
as well)

Horst