[Gnumed-devel] Re: Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:27:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> > Would the modular features of Morphix make it more useful to Gnumed?
> > http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q1
> > Liz
>
> The more more I look at it the more  I like it. It is supposed to be small,
> fast, comes in different flavors. I have not tried it yet. Even if it proves
> to be useful or better I do not plan on releasing an updated version before
> the end of the year.
If my plans will be realized the new Knoppix build system will be even
more flexible and there iss no need for an extra distribution.  It might
be even possible to have this new Knoppix on other architectures than
i386 (especially Mac might be interesting).  The workshop I initiated
at LinuxTag was very successful and even Klaus Knopper joined our
effort (this is remarkable because he normally works 180 Minutes per hour
for LinuxTag organisation and managed to join our discussion which made it
more than productive).  For those who are reading the Knoppix mailing
list Fabian Franz is busy realizing the plan and this will make Morphix
more or less superflous.  More details would be off topic here and I
will report once some harder facts can be reported.

> There is always a slight chance I might change my mind. This depends mostly on
> GNUmed itself. The first release was a GUI to look at. The second release was
> a GUI with very little functionality exposed to the end user. The third
> release must ! be functional with a GUI attached. Not vice versa.
ACK.

Kind regards from the much to warm Oslo (29°)

          Andreas.