Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:34:42 +0200

On Saturday 12 July 2003 10:53, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:09 pm, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Good intention.  High on top of my agenda for Debian Conference 3 in Oslo
> > is discussion a method to bootstrap Knoppix CDs with other developers.
> >
> > I'll keep in mind that uncompressed Knoppix derivates are an interesting
> > feature. So just wait and continue developing GnuMed for the time beeing.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> >       Andreas.
>
> Would the modular features of Morphix make it more useful to Gnumed?
> http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q1
> Liz

The more more I look at it the more  I like it. It is supposed to be small,
fast, comes in different flavors. I have not tried it yet. Even if it proves
to be useful or better I do not plan on releasing an updated version before
the end of the year.

One reason is that I don't have time (most likely weeks).
I plan on improving the GNUmed Archive.

There is always a slight chance I might change my mind. This depends mostly on
GNUmed itself. The first release was a GUI to look at. The second release was
a GUI with very little functionality exposed to the end user. The third
release must ! be functional with a GUI attached. Not vice versa.

I would like these things to happen before a new release.
1.) a working Archive plugin
2.) a working SOAP plugin
3.) a working drug database ( do we have any data we can actually distribute)
4.) what ever you come up with until then

Take care,
Sebastian