Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:16:18 +1000

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:27 pm, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > > Would the modular features of Morphix make it more useful to Gnumed?
> > > http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q1
> > > Liz
> >
> > The more more I look at it the more  I like it. It is supposed to be
> > small, fast, comes in different flavors. I have not tried it yet. Even if
> > it proves to be useful or better I do not plan on releasing an updated
> > version before the end of the year.
>
> If my plans will be realized the new Knoppix build system will be even
> more flexible and there iss no need for an extra distribution.  It might
> be even possible to have this new Knoppix on other architectures than
> i386 (especially Mac might be interesting).  The workshop I initiated
> at LinuxTag was very successful and even Klaus Knopper joined our
> effort (this is remarkable because he normally works 180 Minutes per hour
> for LinuxTag organisation and managed to join our discussion which made it
> more than productive).  For those who are reading the Knoppix mailing
> list Fabian Franz is busy realizing the plan and this will make Morphix
> more or less superflous.  More details would be off topic here and I
> will report once some harder facts can be reported.
>
> > There is always a slight chance I might change my mind. This depends
> > mostly on GNUmed itself. The first release was a GUI to look at. The
> > second release was a GUI with very little functionality exposed to the
> > end user. The third release must ! be functional with a GUI attached. Not
> > vice versa.
>
> ACK.
>
> Kind regards from the much to warm Oslo (29°)
>
>           Andreas.

That would be a great development; I haven't been reading the mailing lists
while I struggled with trying to convert my mail files and lost a pile of
them....
Morphix has a working installer script available, but it wold be great to see
the two parts rejoin with all the best features ready to go.
Liz
--
        "Do you think what we're doing is wrong?"
        "Of course it's wrong!  It's illegal!"