Re: [Gnumed-devel] CVS guidelines (or: governance of gnumed)

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] CVS guidelines (or: governance of gnumed)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:59:10 +1100

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:30, Ian Haywood wrote:
> Horst is the logical choice for a Linus type role, but AFAIK he is  too
> busy. So I would propose a "gnumed junta"
>
> 1. Karsten: backend database schemas, bootstrapping of same
> 2. Myself: middleware layer
> 3. Syan: wxPython frontend
> 4. Sebastian: packaging

Unfortunately I am too busy. Too busy with advocacy (my frequent flyer point
counter is rotating like a fan) for which I am fortunately now funded by
several government agencies and non-governmental sources, and too busy with
getting drugref flying which for me has utmost priority (I don't believe
gnumed will fly without having a sound useable drug database including
content).

That said, I am trying very hard to attract another doctor to work in my
clinic, so that I can work part time only as a doctor, and having more time
to code again for gnumed.

Your proposed junta is excellent; maybe you consider a fifth junta member
overseeing documentation - somebody taking the unpleasant task of stepping on
developers toes who don't document appropriately. And maybe a 6th member
overseeing i18n - somebody who ensures that i18n matters are always heeded.

Horst