Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:49:35 -0500

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:56:32AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Ian Haywood wrote:
>
> It just relays on either a simple flat SQL file or a bootstrap script
> (as it is provided for instance by GnuMed).  (Sean, please correct me
> if I underestimate your work.)
Problem is, our bootstrap script does the same job as dbconfig-common,
in creating databases, setting up users etc., which is great, but we
need to decide *which* is going to do this on debian systems
if we stick with ours, then there's little point iusing dbconfig-common,
it would be called from postinst, but then we have to talk to
debconf.....

> what is gnumed-db-test for?
The test data can't be installed on production systems, as it creates
fake user accounts and fake patients, but is required to
test/demonstrate a system, so it need to be in a separate package.

Ian