[Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:22:56 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Ian Haywood wrote:

Problem is, our bootstrap script does the same job as dbconfig-common,
in creating databases, setting up users etc., which is great, but we
need to decide *which* is going to do this on debian systems
if we stick with ours, then there's little point iusing dbconfig-common,
it would be called from postinst, but then we have to talk to
debconf.....
Not really.  IMHO you should definitely stick to yours (perhaps make
it as simple as possible after having some brain storm).  My part in
this is to build the right config file out of the answers given by
the users to the debconf questions.  This config file will be feed
to your bootstrap script (and removed afterwards because it has
to contain passwords).

what is gnumed-db-test for?
The test data can't be installed on production systems, as it creates
fake user accounts and fake patients, but is required to
test/demonstrate a system, so it need to be in a separate package.
OK, I'll keep this in mind and build such a package as well.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de