Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref status

From: Thilo Schuler
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref status
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:01:06 +0200

Hi Jim, Ian, Horst and the rest,

I am also dieing to get some info about the new drugref. Need it quick since I
have a deadline for a uni project. Only seven more weeks!

I have unsuccessfully tried to contact Horst a couple a of times but I know he
is busy.

I want to write a XUL frontend and interface it with DrugRef via XML-RPC.
Yesterday I mocked up a static prototype by cross-breeding  the Mozilla Amazon
Brower and Medical Director. I attached two screenshots. I can also provide the
code.

Since I don't have medical experience yet, I will discuss this quick UI with
doctors (that I am working with here in  SYD) during the next week. If the
doctors on the GNUmed list have any suggestions, please comment.

The functionality is supposed to be a simple drug information viewer (search
different fields or browse the ATC tree). The Information divided into generic
(interactions,...) and country specific (price, drug schemes,...). Certain
drugs can be selected and it is planned to print a script of the selection.
Additionally these scripts are supposed to be saved in an openEHR format.

Once again. I need the DrugRef information quickly or otherwise I have to
create a mini DB myself which would be a shame... Also be aware the mockups
have been created without any knowledge about what type of info the new drugref
can provide (e.g. I don't think it stores a pic to every entry)!

Cheers, Thilo