Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: get something done

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: get something done
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:46:59 +0100

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:38:53PM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:

>>> For instance if you call plugins independently from GNUmed (for instance
>>> the BMI plugin)
>> We don't. And just because it's possible doesn't mean it's
>> really intended. I am not sure I understand why you are
>> hooked on that so much.
>
> Your initial introduction of GNUmed to me was that we want to make doctors
> adictive of GNUmed by just giving them small standalone plugins which than
> will be wrapped by a fully functional practice management system.
Ah, OK, I recall that.

> If this philosophy is valid up to now (IMHO it is good, but I don't know how
> important this is) we should care for these single plugins.  That's all.
I see. Yes, in a way it's still a valid strategy. However:
On Debian there isn't really any "other" package to lure
people away from ;-)  Hence I can relieve you of the burden
to maintain a gazillion little plugin packages ...

A simple

 apt-cache search practice | grep management

will get us there soon enough !

Thanks for you work/input,