[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed brochures (was When will GNUmed be ready)

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed brochures (was When will GNUmed be ready)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:02:23 -0800

At 6:12 PM +0100 12/9/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
I think there's need for two versions of "each". One for the
innocent bystander who displays a passing interest for the
project. That one needs to answer "what is this", "why would
I want this" plus a *few* pointers.

Following minor editing, here is what I had written on that draft brochure. Feel free to suggest any improvements for the "innocent bystanders".

GNUmed: Working internationally for patients' and doctors' benefit as a free EMR
www.gnumed.org
GNUmed - The EMR to consider

Why use GNUmed?
GNUmed can already
- allow your existing software to co-operate
- allow you to keep ownership and control of your patients' data
- allow you to change support companies without fear of "lock-in"

GNUmed is an "Open Source" project, which means it is built on the efforts of people with the best intentions for patients and doctors.

Its developers are a tiny army. Your participation will help it to grow faster and better.

Visit our web site. Ask any thing you like. Be brave, try it. GNUmed will always be free.

GNUmed requirements:
* one or more Linux or Windows computers
* multiple-user setup requires a network
* train and manage it yourself, or hire someone to help you

Like to know more? - Just ask us!

The other is more concrete and enlarges the pointers/data points part and shortens the what/why part.

Which do people think - more like
        http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/WhatCanIActuallyDOWithGNUmedToday
or more like the roadmap, with some extra explanation of limitations?