[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed.conf
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:49:58 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, J Busser wrote:

I notice that under my individual machine (nonroot) account "jb" there *does* exist this directory containing:
        gmBMIWidgets.log

This sounds like you started the gmBMIWidget plugin standalone and thus
a logfile is created with the same name as the plugin.  This is intended

        gnumed.conf
        .gmcCfg.bak
        gnumed.log

Hmmm, the only thing I wonder about is that the logfiles are not "hidden"
in the hidden directory ~/.gnumed .  If this is not the case I would
consider this as a bug and will have a look into it.

How did this directory and files get created? Does it get created automatically (if it did not already exist) the first time that gnumed is run while logged into any particular machine account?

Yes.

And the above does not explain how, when a machine is logged into a *machine* account, but a user like a secretary logs out of GNUmed, and a different user (like a doctor) logs in, whether there is any other configuration (other than what sits in that machine's ~.gnumed/gnumed.conf) that responds to this different kind of user to determine the kind of workspace that they enter.

This is a question of philosophy.  Karsten prefers per user logfiles.
I personally would prefer logfiles that are writable by users in a
group gnumed on a common place like /var/log/gnumed.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de