Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:31:20 +0100

Am Dienstag 16 Februar 2010 04:52:54 schrieb Jim Busser:
> On 2010-02-15, at 3:25 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > I hope FreeDiams to become the new drugref.
>
> Did you mean
>
>       FreeMedForms to provide a more-developed interface to drugref, than what
> the original drugref provided?

FreeDiams seems to share some ideas with drugref. Access to more then one drug
source and exposing features through some interface. The concepts are not yet
identical nor developed. FreeDiams could become Drugref like but the author
said it is a lot of work. We encourage that work.

> while the original parts of drugref
>
>       - postgres database
>       - python code
>
> may be brought forward, but with the idea of replacing the original php
> code which (I think) was just a proof of concept interface?

The code and language is less important. FreeDiams uses C++/sqlite and QT
instead of php. The user interface is of minor concern for us as we do not yet
want to prescribe drugs but store information on prescribed drugs. That way we
are more interested in any interface to access drug information then putting
it on paper or the like.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Feri
> cmaeker.fr%2FFreeMedForms%2Fdi-manual%2F
>
> but maybe the drugref vision is for any EMR, by using a CLI (instead of the
> screenshots above), to be able to render and make accessible these objects
> inside an EMR in an EMR-native way?

See above. There is the prescription side and there is the data access only
side.

Sebastian