Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:00:02 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 07:31:20AM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> The code and language is less important. FreeDiams uses C++/sqlite and QT
> instead of php. The user interface is of minor concern for us as we do not
> yet
> want to prescribe drugs but store information on prescribed drugs. That way
> we
> are more interested in any interface to access drug information then putting
> it on paper or the like.

And FreeDiams could be an external prescription module (it
currently already is, albeit with the French data only).

As a comparison in Germany, prescriptions can theoretically
be generated with the commercial drug database that we link
to. GNUmed just piggybacks on that databases willingness to
share some information. It wouldn't even be legal for GNUmed
to generate a prescription by itself.