Re: Release schedule

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:21:24 -0500

From: "Chris B. Vetter" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:00:22 -0800

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:02:15 -0600
Andrew Ruder <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd definitely second that.  At this point I don't even care what we
> go with (Cocoa or OpenStep), but at some point there must be a
> decision, and when that decision is made, keep to it and document it.

_Especially_ the latter. It's pretty frustrating to check GNUstep's HTML
documentation and all you'll get is something like:

  + (float) menuBarHeight

    Description forthcoming.

*sigh*

  :0> cd opt/GNUstep/System/Documentation/Developer/Base/Reference
  :0> grep "Description forthcoming" * | wc -l
      2273
  :0> cd ../../Gui/Reference
  :0> grep "Description forthcoming" * | wc -l
      8072

--
Chris

 This is a real good point.
 The lack of document make me always check the Cocoa docuement.
 Maybe that's why GNUstep API always change because Cocoa always change. :)
 If it is legel, put the OPENSTEP docuemtn on www.gnustep.org
 and modify it according to the GNUstep implementation.
 Any change of API would be a major release
 so that application developer don't need to chase the CVS
 in order to make the application work.

 Just my little thought.

 Yen-Ju