Re: Release schedule

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: 02 Apr 2003 00:02:01 +0200

Alexander Malmberg <address@hidden> writes:

> No, but it depends on what kind of crash reporter is intended.

Well, this brings me to the following idea.
We have code in base that gives the returns the return addresses
of the current stack frame.

gdb and the addr2line utility can translate these addresses to
filenames and linenumbers.

If we can combine these two inside base we could put
as extra information in the exceptions the stacktrace
with filenames and line numbers.

This will help with debugging.

Wim Oudshoorn.