Re: Making autogsdoc a separate package

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Making autogsdoc a separate package
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:14:53 +0100

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 02:03 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:

When I type 'make', then 'make install', autogsdoc is run during 'make
install'.  This is plainly wrong, and causes 'make install' to be
unreasonably slow and often/consistently fail on my systems. Which is
why
I always turn off generating documentation.

1. I don't know why it should fail ... but again that's a reason for as bug
report and a fix.
2. If it's run unnecessarily (and I think it probably is), that's a bug in
the makefiles package,

Yes - not in my code though. When I tried to produce a fix for this, it
was refused.

If you are referring to my change on 2002-01-04, I put in switching to
optionally use your code but to use the older code by default.
I'm sorry if you interpreted that as 'refusal', but it was intended just
to let people continue to use the software until your code was
working ... then I forgot about it.