Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:11:48 +0200

Le 30 sept. 04, à 14:19, Nicolas Roard a écrit :

Le 30 sept. 04, à 04:53, Gregory John Casamento a écrit :

How would these funds be used?

1) They could be used to help promote GNUstep: posters, flyers, t-shirts,
whatever..
2) they could also be used to compensate GNUsteppers part-time, or
3) used to pay a company to contribute some code.

I would like to know, at this point, what the community thinks of this.

I am all for it.
Sure, we could gather money via paypal accounts or via FSF (perhaps..) .... But having a Foundation is probably much better, and provides more visibility than
paypal account :-)

I'm all for it too. A foundation dedicated to GNUstep is probably the best choice from the legitimacy and visibility points of view.

And effectively, we could imagine compensate some developers like that (if we got money, which is a bit optimist perhaps at this stage :-) , organize bounties, etc.. The only thing of course is to have a Foundation that we (as the community) can trust :-) but I think if you (for example) create it, that's perfect.

We trust you Gregory… :-)

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé