Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 01:17:22 +0100

On 2004-10-01 00:26:10 +0100 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, MJ Ray wrote:
<address@hidden> wrote:
I can... Because it would be managed by people who have little to do > with the actual GNUstep project.
Huh? I would expect that to make the Foundation less legitimate in most people's eyes.
Well, I disagree, but we're allowed to do that.

It would be more helpful if someone tried to explain why having a "GNUstep Foundation" managed by people who have little to do with the actual project makes it more legitimate.

Why? Just to ape GNOME?
No, because it's the most logical name. "The <foo> Foundation" is extremely common.

If it's so clearly logical, why cannot I see it and why has no-one justified it beyond imitating other groups?

I wanted to know whether I can read gnustep-dev as a newsgroup, not why this was cc'd.
Gmane carries it.

That's possible. Thank you.

I cannot get Gmane groups added to my local newsserver. Why isn't gnustep-dev in gnu.gnustep.*?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk