Re: NSMovieDirectory

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSMovieDirectory
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:56:25 +0000

{response pending in drafts for days *sigh*]

Great work! Thanks!

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016, 18:25 Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Bertrand Dekoninck ha scritto:
> Mandatory screenshots attached :-)
>
> That's really cool ! Thanks Riccardo.

Indeed, they do both look quite nice ! Thanks for sharing. Maybe
advertise on our Facebook group :)

It is also to see that it looks quite nicely translated in French too.
Again, joint efforts here, I did the coding work, but you smoothed out
all the translation stuff and found the many weak spots.

> PS: wouldn't it be nice if Open and Save panel displayed their special
>> folder icons too?
>
> In fact they do. I saw this when changing the desktop background. What
> is missing is the link emblem on folders and of course the translation
> of special folders.

They don't for me... I will try further.

The link emblem and localization are in GWorkspace only right now, so no
other apps benefit from them. they are a bit crudely implemented too
(especially localization). I wouldn't like to put that in core yet and I
don't feel it is that essential to have in the panels.

I will test in on a couple of ocmputers, also slower ones, and see how
it fares. I hope there isn't a big performance penalty.

The link icon used to compose is currently done with the standard one,
but since apparenlty there is no API constant for it I could put it in
FSNode. I feel that the white double-arrow is a bit too obtrusuve.
Once it is private in FSnode it could be themed as well and
inddependently from the link cursor.

Riccardo