Re: Upcoming 0.26.0, please review release notes

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Upcoming 0.26.0, please review release notes
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:43:39 +0000

On 11 Dec 2017, at 10:33, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 9:33 AM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is it possible to just push out a minor release to base that adds the
>> missing enum?  I am working on some fixes for memory management in base that
>> I’d like to make it into the next release, but I can’t guarantee finishing
>> in the next couple of days.
>
> I think it's also fine to push a new minor release *after* this
> release with just your changes. Does that make sense too?

It’s likely to change some of the -base / libobjc2 interfaces and possibly be a
requirement of the new libobjc2, so I’d prefer a major version bump then, but
it probably doesn’t have to be one.

I’ve committed the fixes for NSMapTable where we were using the wrong hash and
equality functions if you use the normal constructors - those are probably the
most important things to get out.