gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] My issue queue is empty

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] My issue queue is empty
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:37:52 -0500

Sanjeev Gupta <address@hidden>:
> OTOH, if your issue queue's emptiness disturbs you, implement ADSB in
> gpsd?  If you can do AIS ...

ADSB is actually on my list of long-term objectives.  If you want it to happen,
ship me copies of all relevant standards and a good set of test pairs.

By a "test pair" I mean an ADSB sentence together with readable
plain-ASCII explanation of what the fields mean. A good set is one
that exercises every sentence format in the standard.  It is something
I can massage into a regression test.

See test/sample.aivdm for an example.  That is my set AIS test pairs. It
is incomplete - as noted in www/AIVDM.txt, I still need these:

* Sample sentences of types 16-17, 22-23, and 25-27.

* Sample sentences of type 6 and 8 conforming to <<IMO236>>,
  <<IMO289>>, and <<INLAND>>.

decoded dumps of their field values.  Please note that sample
sentences not accompanied by field dumps are *not* useful; I can get
plenty of those.