gpsd-dev

Re: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 15:31:39 -0800

Yo Danny!

On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 23:25:16 +0000
"Kuo, Danny" <danny.kuo@intel.com> wrote:

> New driver/serial name:
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# ls -l /dev/gnss*
> crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 238, 0 Feb 24 07:00 /dev/gnss0
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]#
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# file /dev/gnss0
> /dev/gnss0: character special (238/0)
>
> Original driver/serial name:
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# ls -l /dev/ttyGNSS*
> crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 510, 0 Feb 24 07:21 /dev/ttyGNSS_5e00
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]#
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# file /dev/ttyGNSS_5e00
> /dev/ttyGNSS_5e00: character special (510/0)

What kind of Linux drivers use major device numbers 238 or 510?

Do you know the driver name for those?

Maybe the lshw I asked for will help explain that.

If not, we'll have to di into the dmesg output.

Since we know the E810 is a network card, with no GNSS on it, what is
the device you are really working on?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588