gpsd-dev

Re: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 18:43:53 -0500

"Kuo, Danny" <danny.kuo@intel.com> writes:

> Sorry the image not pass correctly, I resend the file status with text format,

They arrived.  It was just that my MUA does not display them as I choose
to read messages in plain text.  Thanks for accomodating how I do
things, and also any members of the list with visual impairments.

> New driver/serial name:
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# ls -l /dev/gnss*
> crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 238, 0 Feb 24 07:00 /dev/gnss0
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]#
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# file /dev/gnss0
> /dev/gnss0: character special (238/0)
>
> Original driver/serial name:
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# ls -l /dev/ttyGNSS*
> crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 510, 0 Feb 24 07:21 /dev/ttyGNSS_5e00
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]#
> [root@NGSNEXHPN06 ~]# file /dev/ttyGNSS_5e00
> /dev/ttyGNSS_5e00: character special (510/0)

As Gary said, you need to find out what drivers do those, and to see if
they work, separately from gpsd.  Perhaps kermit, or some other terminal
program.
Or you can run gpsd with high debug levels, after getting used to it
with a normal USB-attached receiver.