guix-devel

Re: We need your feedback of the documentation videos!

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: We need your feedback of the documentation videos!
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:05:04 +0200

OAOn Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:00:34PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 10:13:59PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > […] if you wanted to integrate them on
> > the web site, I think that’d be great.
> >

> I suppose the “Discover Guix” section on the homepage should advertise
> Guix System and the videos, maybe in buttons next to the ALL PACKAGES
> button.  I will look at making a proposal next week.  I am nowhere
> near as creative as the website’s authors, so maybe others will think
> of better designs.

Do you have in mind something like the attached patch?  It does not
yet add all of the videos; this is more proof of concept-like.

> > Especially since we now host the web site by ourselves, we could also
> > host the videos there, so that can be pretty easy to do.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > Ludo’.
>
> I cannot judge whether audio-video.gnu.org is better or worse than
> berlin.

Putting the video files in the guix-artwork git repository may be
wrong, so the patch does not do that yet, instead still referencing
archive.org which seems wrong too.

Regards,
Florian