guix-devel

Re: EXWM

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: EXWM
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 16:07:14 +0530

Hi André,

> Your reply indicates that little or no effort was put into understanding
> my points.  And no effort was put to indicate where did my reasoning go
> wrong.

I, for one, did not understand how your workflow is affected by the way
EXWM is currently packaged in Guix. As far as I understand, Guix's
~/.exwm separation is optional and you are not forced to create it. I
don't have an ~/.exwm, for example.

But, it is possible that I may have misunderstood something you
said. Perhaps, making your point more precise by providing a patch or
just a code snippet showing your modified exwm package would help.

Thanks,
Arun