guix-devel

Re: EXWM

From: André A . Gomes
Subject: Re: EXWM
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 13:52:31 +0300

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

> Hi André,
>
>> Your reply indicates that little or no effort was put into understanding
>> my points.  And no effort was put to indicate where did my reasoning go
>> wrong.
>
> I, for one, did not understand how your workflow is affected by the way
> EXWM is currently packaged in Guix. As far as I understand, Guix's
> ~/.exwm separation is optional and you are not forced to create it. I
> don't have an ~/.exwm, for example.

It's frustrating to keep repeating myself at this point, but let's do
it.

It is optional, indeed.  Now assume that you don't have a .exwm file.
Then (exwm-config-default) runs.  But that's backwards, since the user
might not want that piece of code to run.

I have explained this from several points of view, several times.  For
instance, in one of the replies to Ludovic.

> But, it is possible that I may have misunderstood something you
> said. Perhaps, making your point more precise by providing a patch or
> just a code snippet showing your modified exwm package would help.

I did all of that.  I sent a link with my own EXWM package definition.
And I've illustrated my points with code snippets.

https://git.sr.ht/~aadcg/aadcg-guix-channel/tree/master/item/packages/aadcg-emacs-xyz.scm#L150

--
André A. Gomes
"Free Thought, Free World"