gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Coordinates, shape

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Coordinates, shape
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:31:22 +0300

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:29:28PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 12:41:54PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> >

> >>So you would suggest to do it *not* by cs, but by vob? That sounds
> >>difficult (would have to change the view hierarchy so that the lower
> >>levels know what the higher levels need clipped).
> >>

> >Well, we don't have that many levels and don't really need them.
> >

> View, cell view, cell content view. Even in a quick hack, at least the
> cell content view would need to be passed a shape it would have to clip
> itself to... ugly.

No, the cell view would set the clip, then call the cell content view
and then return.

> >>Would this work: Ability to attach a "clipping/stenciling" vob to
> >>every cs when created? When rendering the normal vobs, the
> >>clip/stencil vob(s) of all coordinate systems upwards in the
> >>hierarchy would already have been called. Or is that bogus?
> >
> >It is: coordinate systems' hierarchy doesn't work that way in OpenGL.
> >The vobs are always put to OpenGL in the order they were put into
> >the vobscene.
> >

> We would need to draw (= put into the display list/s) all the general
> clip vobs before each vob that needs general clipping.
>
> OTOH, we could have a call from the generally clipped vob asking the
> coorder to put all the necessary general clipping into its list. Then,
> only the vobs that really want clipping would get it-- i.e., no
> connections.

I'd really like to defer such constructions to the future: for now,
I'd like to do all clipping and stenciling by manipulating OpenGL
state by Vobs.

> >The texel size is the size given to freetype library.
>
> The size of a texel is given to freetype? Or, the font size in texels?
> In the latter case, again: is it height that is specified (in texels),
> or width, or both, or something else?

Latter, and it's probably about the height. Something like the point
size.

        Tuomas