gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Coordinates, shape

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Coordinates, shape
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:01:07 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 03:41:34PM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
Tuomas Lukka wrote:

After thinking about this for a while: it's probably best left to
0.8alpha9, as originally planned. It's a pretty large change, and
has not been fully thought out yet.

In the meantime, we need some solution quick to be able to do
buoys nicely.

Ok.

Then I think my earlier suggestion's good: In AWT, store x,y,w,h per coordsys; in GL, store x,y,xx,xy,yx,yy,w,h per coordsys. Vobs can ask the RenderInfo for their width and height, if they need one. When constructing a new coordsys, you can pass a clip-cs as well as a transform-cs, as Tuomas proposed.

This seems a good hack for now.

Uhh, are you sure we really want to make that change now? It will
increase the amount of data and possibly slow things down. Currently,
we can hack away all the cases that don't work.

Ok, so what do we do about the current killer problems:
- text aspect ratio
- clipping

On a mildly related note, how are connections supposed to be done in GL? We need to make connections work relatively soon.

Also, what to do about text scaled to a small size? In GL, currently it quickly becomes antialiased into a uniform grey mess. How will we make it legible?

- Benja