gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Coordinates, shape

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Coordinates, shape
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:34:27 +0300

> Ok, so what do we do about the current killer problems:
> - text aspect ratio

Avoid it for the demos

> - clipping

Use the stencil buffer, and normal OpenGL clipping, with OpenGL state
put in.

> On a mildly related note, how are connections supposed to be done in
> GL? We need to make connections work relatively soon.

If all the coordsys stuff were working, we'd just put the two coordsystems
of the end points to it. However, since we want rotations and will do them
in nasty ways, we'll probably just have separate coordsys for the ends
of the connections.

> Also, what to do about text scaled to a small size? In GL, currently it
> quickly becomes antialiased into a uniform grey mess. How will we make
> it legible?

How small do you mean? One of the problems is mipmapping: the characters
get blurred because making a large character and then downsampling
gives a blurry small character.

The solution is given in TODO.

        Tuomas