RE: AllowRedefinitionOf

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: RE: AllowRedefinitionOf
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:07:09 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Andrews, Martin wrote:

> When its run on one of the known platforms it redefines. Here is the verbose
> output when run (as root) on one of my solaris 9 boxes:

> Appending [svc_openpkg_platform]
> RecordMacroId(svc_openpkg_platform)
> AddMacroValue(svc_openpkg_platform=unknown)
> Added Macro at hash address 954: svc_openpkg_platform=unknown
> RecordMacroId(svc_openpkg_platform)
> AddMacroValue(svc_openpkg_platform=sparc-sunos5.9)
> Macro Collision!
>
> I don't get any warnings without verbose. This is cfengine 2.0.5

Hmm.  Can you try running the script I sent, and see what you get?  Maybe
it's a bug fixed in 2.0.5.  I'm holding out for 2.1, I think, because I
like cfenvd, but can't use the 2.0.5 version on my HP systems, but this
could convince me to upgrade.

Luke

--
A child can go only so far in life without potty training.  It is not
mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty