Re: cfagent segfaults during kickstart on FC4

From: Klaus
Subject: Re: cfagent segfaults during kickstart on FC4
Date: 19 Aug 2005 15:45:42 -0700

I think I saw similar behaviour with 2.1.15 but my memory is a bit
fuzzy on that particular detail.

I don't mind if it doesn't run right the first time, so long as it runs
... did you have any success with a workaround for this fault? This
kind of approach isn't quite kosher, it seems:

-- cut --

while [ ! -f /tmp/cfsuccess ]
do
    ( cfagent --define __CLASS__ --define __NAME__ --file
/var/cfengine/inputs/cfsetup.conf && touch /tmp/cfsuccess ) &
    sleep 60
    killall cfagent
done

-- cut --

('__CLASS__' and '__NAME__' are defined during installation, btw)

Is there a way to extract a PID out of cfengine while it runs? That
would make the kind of code loop used above less dodgy.

Klaus