Re: temacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: temacs
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:49:27 +0200

"John Wiegley" <johnw@newartisans.com> writes:

> Thus, Emacs is already as simple as you need it to be.  Just don't load
> anything in your .emacs.

Which points at the trap many newbies fall in: adding to many stuff to
their .emacs.  Some of them are just experimental, then get forgotten,
then you wake up one day wondering why launching Emacs takes too long.

One thing I would need myself: a tool that detects duplicates in
.emacs-custom.el and .emacs and suggests to merge into .emacs-custom.el.

That way I could well experiment in my .emacs, then stabilize stuff in
.emacs-custom.el (which I only use for things I really want for long
with the same value.)

--
 Bastien