koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] a better english word for a breeding farm?

From: nicolas morin
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] a better english word for a breeding farm?
Date: Fri Feb 27 08:54:03 2004

Stephen Hedges wrote:
Oddly enough, I was thinking about this yesterday, after trying to explain
the "breeding farm" to the people in the Koha workshop we did.  I would
suggest "incubator"
but those records don't grow nor mature in the breeding farm, do they? :-D
I like the idea of "reservoir": something just still as water; it's not "alive" while in the reservoir
my 2 euro cents
Nicolas
as a better word than "breeding farm."

paul POULAIN said:

Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:

Hmm

we've struggled with that a bit - in the context it means "records you
might
want to use to populate your catalogue"

"reservoir"  perhaps?

"storage" ?

I've heard using those records be refered to as "Copy Cataloguing"

If "reservoir" is ok, then we could use it : it's the word in french !!!

--
Paul POULAIN

Nicolas Morin
Bibliothèque universitaire d'Angers