koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] [URGENT] Move away from Savannah/CVS

From: Jerry Van Baren
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] [URGENT] Move away from Savannah/CVS
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:26:21 -0400

Joshua M. Ferraro wrote:
Hi folks,

This is the kind of email I hate to have to write. We're
facing some urgency on a rather important issue: Savannah
has been down for two days now, and we're going to have to
make some quick decisions to avoid losing any more work
time.

This also comes at a point in time when we've decided to
pick a new version control system to replace CVS.

I caught paul/hdl this morning, and we feel a move to SVN
with hosting from Google is the best solution:

http://code.google.com/hosting/

Here are the likely questions, and our answers:

[snip]

Q: What about losing all our version history?
A: A move to Google will mean we'll lose our version history, that's true. Personally, I can't imagine
we'd want to roll back any of the code in either
rel_2_2, dev_week or head.

I have not done anything other than a one-shot quick google search, but you should be able to preserve your history

<http://blog.rot13.org/2006/09/how_to_import_subversion_into.html>

I'd like to arrive at a concensus today about this issue
if at all possible, so we can get back to work ...
so please send your comments/suggestions/flames asap.

Thanks for your efforts,
gvb