koha-devel

RE: [Koha-devel] [URGENT] Move away from Savannah/CVS

From: Paul_Shannon
Subject: RE: [Koha-devel] [URGENT] Move away from Savannah/CVS
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:44:36 -0400

I don't think that the reputation of Google among the larger library
community should have much of an impact on the hosting decision. Google
does a lot of great things, and a lot of not so great things. I think
that the things it does around hosting open source projects should be
the major contributing factor in the decision.

I also agree that the decision on hosting shouldn't be taken lightly and
perhaps shouldn't be undertaken with the intention of making that
decision in a single day.

The much more pressing matter (in my opinion) is that the code is
currently not available for download by end-users (I myself am looking
to download it). While the decision for long-term hosting is being made,
at least, a copy of the most recent stable release should be made
available immediately and linked to via koha.org.

The only thing that having no end product to download is doing is losing
the project end users.