Re: Support RMS

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 14:49:50 -0700

I may have attributed the foot smell comment to the wrong
person.  Sorry, if so.

Whoever said it, these threads have gone beyond absurd, and beyond
even any pretense of basic decency, nevermind seriously
minded activism.

Will people please move on from these topics, and those who
aren't satisfied, please just exercise your freedom not to
associate with the FSF.

There is a global pandemic.  There is a global climate emergency.
Both of those are areas where software freedom can help
quite a bit.   There is a big crisis in the capitalist markets
around mass surveillance, centralized (dis-)services, and so on.
These are real crises for software freedom.   There is so much our
already existing stock of software can do that people aren't
using it for - and this too is a crisis/opportunity for software
freedom.   There is a question of how to have libre planet when
air travel is ecologically insane and so forth -- that's another
relevant topic to talk about.

Stop with the trolling about RMS, and trolling is about what it has
boiled down to at this point.

-t