Re: Support RMS - find new communities

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: Support RMS - find new communities
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 16:22:16 -0700

   On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 3:55 PM Adrienne G. Thompson
   <[1]adriennegayethompson@gmail.com> wrote:

     Aaron, there is no resolution.  They have demonstrated
     beyond any doubt that they do not want and will not
     enter into any resolution.

   It's never been about resolution, though, but attack. The intent is to
   destroy free software for the benefit of corporate vultures.

   Adrienne, we don’t know each other, so I’ll share this: my intent has
   been to find a safe and smart and welcoming community. If constructive
   criticism comes across to you as an attack, consider why you are
   assuming ill will and bad intentions. Consider how you benefit from
   silence and blaming victims. I found a lot of very lovely free/libre
   software contributors in Cuba, in Malaysia, and other places I’ve been.
   And at least a dozen FSF staff and Libre Planet speakers and other have
   demonstrated kindness and intelligence and a community orientation.
   But sadly, this list, a minority of individuals refuse to believe
   people’s personal experiences — and all have communicated in a
   closed-minded way. Aaron send Thomas and Paul and others and Jean have
   occasionally shown interest in imagining better governance, new
   organizational contexts for happy hacking. But it seems that there
   remains a preference for cult-like hero worship and foot-kissing
   over learning and growing personally, or for the movement.
   I’ve resolved to find other communities. I join hundreds of others who
   have decided leaving or fleeing hostile, toxic spaces is best for free
   software.
   So, HELLO WORLD!
   If anyone on this list can recommend other productive and happy
   community spaces for free software, please let me know!

   Paraphrasing Mark 6:11 and Proverbs 10:18 -
   And verily I say unto ye - he that conceals hatred has lying lips, and
   he who spreads slander is a fool.  For St. IGNUcius shall shake off the
   dust under his feet for a testimony against ye. And ye who blaspheme
   [[2]https://rms-open-letter.github.io/] can never fill his shoes.
   Enough fun for the day. I'm off to work on GNU C-Graph!
   Adrienne
   --

   Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!