Re: better terminology to promote freedom

From: Valentino Giudice
Subject: Re: better terminology to promote freedom
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 00:58:35 +0100

   I've heard "freedom software" too, but it's slightly weird. Surely
   "freedom-respecting software" conveys the idea, but it is longer and, I
   believe, less prone to being treated as a "technical" term with an
   objective definition and a common understanding (which is useful when
   the term ends up in the law).
   Why not "libre software"? It's already common, it's easily understood
   by any English-speaking person (because they will know "liberty") and
   better translates to other languages.